Friday, January 16, 2009

Long Time, No Blog...

... and I missed it!



I hope to elaborate on these bullet points in the future, but in a nutshell, in the last two months I have...



Started a new job at the only nursing home in town. Psych/Alzheimer's ward on the 11pm to 7am shift is quite an intro to nursing, let me tell you.



Celebrated Thanksgiving, Festivus, Christmas, and New Year's. And by celebrated, I mean worked, cried, worked some more, wrapped presents, snarled at my husband, was once again blown away by my sister-in-law's re-gifting skills, worked some more and had an overwhelming desire to kick Santa's butt by the end of the season.


Played host to my mother and father for TEN LONG DAYS.

Visited every indoor playland, gym, soft playroom in the tri-state area (because, GOOD LORD IT IS COLD, I AM FREEZING MY TAIL OFF, why the h@## did I allow my husband to bring me to this God-forsaken place, it is like the f$%ing Artic here...)

Traveled to a place I never could have imagined, had I not seen it for myself.


Left my daughter in someone else's care for the first time ever.... felt my heart break.

Met the little boy who will (hopefully) become my son very, very soon. In a word he is perfect, and I hope we can live up to all that he deserves.

Had to leave this little angel and fly thousands of miles back home... as my heart broke again.

Held my daughter in my arms after eight long days without her, and realized my husband is going to have to rip my arms off of her with a crowbar when she wants to leave for college.

Felt scared, thankful, at peace and lost all at once.

Decided I needed to write it all down, because all of these thoughts, swimming in my head, are driving me crazy... and again, my husband is tired of listening to my crap.

No comments: