Sunday, October 5, 2008

Does this shirt make me look fat?



I love to knit.  I could spend hours on the sofa, just watching TV and stitching away.   

The thing is, I am not very good at it.  My hats are always a little too big.  My mittens always have the thumb hole in the wrong place and my socks always have big gaping holes where I have missed stitches.

Whatever, I am OK with that. My only problem is when I temporarily go insane, and actually wear my handknits, or force my family to wear them, out in public.

The word "raggedy" comes to mind, as in, "Girrrrrl, you look RAGGEDY".  Today I ignored that little voice in my head and busted out a handknit sweater to wear to a family birthday party.

A short-sleeved sweater...

that I knit a size too small (ever the optimist)...

in a bulky, acrylic, green yarn...

The overall look was...  interesting, to say the least.  I thought I could make it work, but much like the "window bangs" of the nineties and the "rat tail/mullet" of the eighties, I could not.

And my husband let me walk out the door like that.

As I was sweating my way through layers of scratchy, man-made materials, I had an epiphany...


Stick to scarves.






No comments: